This is awesome. Check it out.
Archive for the ‘Web Buzz’ Category
I will be pretty happy to find this out. I’ve liked Blu-ray better since I started with HD months ago. I have about 36 Blu-ray discs and about 16 HD-DVDs. Anyways, we’ll probably know by morning!
So, they did it. Apple managed to day to announce a super-thin laptop. So what? That’s cool. Well, there’s some things you should keep in mind before you consider spending $2,000+ on one.
- It’s yesterday’s technology… today.
- The hard drive is 4200 RPM PATA (unless you blow $999 on the solid state drive with a skimpy 64GB of storage). Even then, it’s probably still parallel ATA.
- The processor options are 1.6 GHz or 1.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo chips. Sure, they got Intel to make them micro-sized, but 1.8 GHz? My laptop is over 1 year old and it came with a 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo standard!
- Remember there is no built in Ethernet, modem, optical drive. You can get them all externally, for an additional $177.
- One USB port. This may or may not suit you… but I often need at least 2 or 3. And with the previous bullet… you might want to get yourself a hub.
- It’s overpriced, in my opinion. My direct comparison would be to a Dell XPS M1330. For $1,650, you get an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz processor, 3GB RAM, 200GB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive, nVidia Geforce 8400M GS 128MB RAM video card. The M1330 also has a webcam built in, as well as 2x USB ports, a FireWire port, a fingerprint scanner, HDMI and VGA ports (no adapters needed), and an 8-in-1 media card reader. You can also get the M1330 with mobile broadband built in. Add on a Dell CompleteCare warranty and all accidental damage is covered. Apple has no such protection plan.
- There’s bound to be premature problems. When the horror stories start popping up on the web in coming months, don’t say I didn’t warn you.
So, before you make this overpriced heap of yesterday’s technologies your next laptop, think again. It seems pretty foolish to me to choose this over a Dell XPS M1330. Oh, and did I mention you can get that with accidental damage coverage?
First of all, you’re probably all wondering why the heck I’m blogging about sewing machines. Well, I found this – How a bobbin works.
This is pretty cool. Kudos to whoever made that little animation! Anyways, I don’t sew, but I did learn how. I once had the needle go through my right thumb when I was little. I’m not sure if that’s why it’s short than my left or not, but whatever. And, no I don’t have a fear of sewing machines from it either.
I don’t know. I think this puts a whole new definition to being hypocritical.
Yeah, I’ve officially seen it all.
Genesis Chapter 1:
1. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat was invisible, and he maded the skiez and da earths, but he did not eated it.
2. The earths wus witout shapez and wus dark and scary and stuffs, and he rode invisible bike over teh waterz.
3. And Ceiling Cat sayz, i can has light, and teh light wuz.
4. Teh Ceiling Cat sawed teh light, to sees stuffs, and separatered the light form dark and stuffs
5. And Ceiling Cat sayed light Day and dark no Day. Teh evning and morning was teh first day.
6. And Ceiling Cat sayed, letz tehre be teh ceilings of waterz, with waterz up n waterz down.
7. And Ceiling Cat doed the skiez with waterz down and waterz up, and stuff.
8. And Ceiling Cat sayed, letz up be teh firmmint, so evning and morning was teh twoth day.
9. And Ceiling Cat gotted all no waterz into ur base, so no waterz wus not wetted
10. And Ceiling Cat called no wather Earths, so tehre.
11. And Invisbile Man sayed, letz us has grass and stuff, so yield seeds and stuff, and fruitzors and stuff, upon the earths.
12. And Ceiling Cat sawed that weedz is teh good stuff, so, letz tehre be weed.
13. And so teh evning n the morning of the threeth day.
14. And Ceiling Cat sayed, letz tehre be lights in the firmmint for dividing day from no day.
15. So tehre, lights everwaer, like chrissmass, wai.
16. And Ceiling Cat doeth two greate lights, teh most big for day, teh other for no day.
17. And Ceiling Cat screweth tehm on firmmint, with big nails and stuff.
18. And Ceiling Cat sawed it wus the goodz, so wai.
19. And so teh evning n the morning of the furth day.
20. And Ceiling Cat sayed, letz teh waterz brings forht the loots and stuff, and phishes, and burdies, that flyed over the no waterz and swimmeths in the waterz.
21. And Invisble Man created big fishies, which wuz like big caws, except they not mooed, and other stuffs that gives the mooves, n Ceiling Cat wuz plezed.
22. And Ceiling Cat sented them std::greetings, and stuff, so letz u be happy and stuff.
23. And so teh evning n the morning of the fifth day
24. And Ceiling Cat sayed, letz there me moar living stuff, mooes, and creepz, and otehr animuls, so tehre.
25. And Ceiling Cat doed moar living stuff, mooes, and creepies, and otehr animuls, and did not eated tehm.
26. And Ceiling Cat sayed, letz us do min like uz, becuz we is teh cute, n let min has dominion and stuff.
27. So Ceiling Cat createded min and womin, min an womin wuz created, but he did not eated tehm.
28. And Ceiling Cat sented them std::greetings, so teh ballz and teh multiplyers, and haz teh dominion on teh waterz, no waterz and teh firmmint, and evry thingz and stuff.
29. And Ceiling Cat sayed, Yo, Beholdt, the earths, I has it, and I has not eated it.
30. For evry createded stuff tehre are the foodz, to the burdies, teh creepiez, and teh mooes, so tehre.
31. And Ceiling Cat sawed that he is teh Min, and, Beholdt, teh good enouf for releaze as version 0.8a. kthx bai.